Yeah, I know that I really don’t need to start any new projects, but I can’t help myself. Give me credit for completing some things. I finally decided that Autumn Jewel is finished.Pulling out the wooden beads reminded me I had other beads.
This is designed for Tahki Cotton Classic. The Cotton Classic Lite would work just as well. I used Sirdar’s Snuggly Baby Bamboo and love how softly it drapes.Now orange is not my color. The reason this is orange is that Remi set me a challenge. She gave me four skeins of yarn and set me off to design and play and make the basis for my summer classes.
I have an opinion. (Make snarky comments.) Summer knitting should be small, exploratory, instructive, and result in gifts for giving to others. With that in mind, I have designed some baskets, some small purses, and then knit this necklace—-and I still have yarn. I’ve used a bunch of slip stitch colorwork which is such an easy way to add extra color to a project, really firm st patterns which make lining a purse an option, zippers inserted effortlessly by hand (machine is optional) and beads. The classes can be a one time event–summer is so busy that most folks can’t commit to a series of classes–and I will be encouraging folks to use cotton yarn. After all, it is summer.
Those who know me well know I am messy. Dyeing is messy. Thus the new project is named Winestains.
Idea!!!!! A crazy throw, similar to a crazy quilt. But I knew it would be ugly and unconnected. Rit Dye, shade wine. I know it won’t last forever, but heck, this project has the potential to be a big flop. I put the dyepot on the stove, sorted into animal and plant fibers and began. Here are some of the swatches.